Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI)
The Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI Program) is the “second half” of your PADI IDC program. Or you are a PADI Assistant Instructor or an Instructor with another training agency, then this is what you need to do to complete the IDC and become a PADI Scuba Instructor.
What Will I Learn?
Over a minimum of five days, but usually more like seven, the IDC teaches you to conduct all PADI core courses. You’ll be able to organize and present information, conduct skill development sessions and control open water dives. Basically, you become a better public speaker and get really good at demonstrating skills while watching out for student diver safety.
Course Curriculum in the classroom and in water
- Course Orientation
- General Standards and Procedures
- Teaching Open Water Diver Course (Review)
- Developing Knowledge Development Presentation (Review)
- Skill Demonstration Workshop
- Confined Water Teaching Presentations (Review)
- Teaching Adventures in Diving Program
- Teaching Rescue Diver Course
- Teaching Divemaster Course
- Risk Management
Who can take this course?
To be able to participate in this course you will need to fulfill all of there,
- PADI Assistant Instructor or instructor member in good standing (eligible to renew) with a recognized recreational diver training organization for at least 6 months.
- 18 years old.
- Obtain medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months.
- Certified diver for six months.
- EFR Primary and Secondary Care course completion (or qualifying training) within the last 24 months.
As with all PADI programs, Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) are performance based. Course length is variable, depending on factors such as logistical considerations,candidate ability and the number of candidates in the course.
Minimum – when candidates complete online independent study
OWSI: 3 to 4 days
Minimum – when all course curriculum delivered in class
OWSI: 5 to 6 days
How can you start learning now?
Enroll online or in our dive center – We will work closely together to set a scheduled to suits you - either if you want to do the course as a full time or based on flexible scheduled during weekends or weekday.