When Mares introduced the Puck Dive Computer on the market in 2008, it sent a shockwave rippling through the Industry: A super intuitive, easy to use, and full featured RGBM Nitrox computer at an extremely competitive price. Now Mares is doing it again. Though improving on the original concept was not easy, they did so by implementing a larger display in a slimmer design, then added upgradeable firmware and multi-gas capability. With all the bells and whistles, with no unnecessary frills, the Puck Pro Wrist Computer is what you're looking for. The Puck Pro is the computer that can accompany you through years and years of diving adventures.
The Puck Pro Wrist Computer uses Mares-Wienke RGBM (Reduced Gradient Bubbles Model) Algorithm. The RGBM considers the phenomenon of micro-bubbles to prevent their formation. In over 10,000 real dives monitored by Dr. Bruce Wienke in the Los Alamos laboratories, the formation of micro-bubbles has been studied and evaluated to better understand the mechanism behind how micro-bubbles are formed during a dive. Today it is the most evolved algorithm for reducing the formation of micro-bubbles without compromising dive times.
The easy excess push button allows the diver to operate the computer in all conditions, even when wearing thick gloves. Navigating through the computer programs is extremely simple and very intuitive. There are three special function modes of air, nitrox and bottom time. The Puck Pro Computer has a maximum depth display of 492' (150 meter), a memory capacity of 36-hours, runs on a user-replaceable 3-volt CR2450 lithium-ion battery, power indicator, and back lighting for low light conditions. Computer also has a plan mode display, can be used in both imperial or metric units, fresh or seawater settings, residual nitrogen reset, option to exclude audible alarms and uncontrolled ascents", has an ascent rate indicator and is fully altitude adjustable to The Puck Pro also has a watch, stopwatch, date and temperature functions, and the quartz clock Movement can be set in a 12 or 24-hour format. The Puck has an optional USB interface for logging dives on your PC, (see SKU: MRSPCDL2) PC interface, and logbook function that includes dive profile graphs at 5-second sampling rate.
The Puck Pro knows that not all of us who dive are young and in peak condition, it address this with precautionary program settings that allow individual adjustment to more conservative dive profiles if needed. When you do multi-level, multiple dives during a single day or multiple dives over several days you can choose different setting levels to adjust your computer to a more conservative dive profile.
The Puck Pro has superior display readability. To offer an easy-to-read display Mares produced a wide computer mineral glass display, with intense backlighting and high contrast. The computer featuring illuminated, oversized digits with special attention paid to maximize the viewing angle, to eliminate angular distortion and to always grant the best readability. The Puck Pro Computer comes with a durable rubber wrist strap.
This product has a limited warranty of 24 months.
Mares Puck Pro Wrist Computer Features
- Mares Puck Pro Wrist Computer:
- Super Intuitive, Easy-to-Use, and Full-Featured Computer
- Improving on Original Concept
- Larger-Display in Slimmer-Design
- Upgradeable Firmware and Multi-Gas Capability
- Precision Stopwatch
- Mares-Wienke RGBM (Reduced Gradient Bubbles Model) Algorithm
- Special Function Modes Air, Nitrox and Bottom Time
- Precautionary Programs Setting
- Plan Mode
- Log Book
- Fresh Water/Sea Water Setting
- Residual Nitrogen Memory Reset
- User-Replaceable CR 2450 Lithium-Ion Battery
- Altitude Adjustable to 12,100' (3,700 meters).
- Memory Capacity 36 Hours
- Superior Display Readability, Mineral Glass Crystal
- 492' (150 meters) Depth Rating
- Power Indicators
- Audible Alarms
- Watch, Date and Temperature Displays
- 12/24 Hour Formats
- Two-Different Gas Mixtures During Single Dive
- Metric or Imperial Units of Measure
- Ascent Rate Indicator and Ascent Rate Digital Indicator
- Quartz Clock Movement
- Durable Rubber Wrist Strap
- Optional USB Interface for Logging Dives on PC, (see SKU: MRSPCDL2)